Landmarked Townhouse Converted to New Academic Center
Originally built in 1830’s with an addition in the 1880’s, this through-lot building has been completely restored and renovated to serve the needs of the NYU School of Law. A new central courtyard brings natural light to illuminate a green wall and interior facing windows. Unlike most through-lot plans, every office here enjoys ventilation and views to either the park to the south, the greenery-draped courtyard, or the private mews to the north. The north and south facades were meticulously restored, with a portion of the north facade being rebuilt. The completed project has obtained USGBC’s Silver LEED-certification.
Image Credit: ©Jean Vong